Our Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the Upper Waitematā Ecology Network is to provide a forum for collaboration, sharing, support and joint action by community restoration groups in the Upper Waitematā.
We aspire to be an effective and sustainable network that is valued by its members and other stakeholders and acknowledged widely as a force for environmental restoration and enhancement of the Upper Waitematā area.
- To be an advocate and champion for the Upper Waitematā ecology and its role in the North West Wildlink https://www.northwestwildlink.org.nz/
- To create and leverage greater environmental impact through the synergistic activities of its members
- To ensure the organisational development of the Network is sustainable
- To be recognised as a co-operative and knowledge and resource ‘hub’ for the Upper Waitematā Harbour
- To be a member driven network working with other stakeholders for collective action
- To ensure community-led environmental action is built in to UWEN member strategies
- To undertake capability building to support the development of UWEN members.